My 50 Golden Rules Of Life…
March 8, 2018
People suck sometimes! But it takes a lot to not punch somebody right on their stupid face.
We must all agree that if everybody abided by simple rules the world would be a better place.
There would not be hunger, innocent deaths and people acting so entitled like the world owes them something.
If I asked you what mattered most in your life, what would you say?
What makes you happy or rather what is that one thing that you think is what you need to lead a fulfilling life?
Personally, I am one person who believes in treating others the way I want them to treat me, but of course we are all humans and as such we find ourselves falling short of that.
Most people who know me very well, know that I rarely get upset. I find holding on to anger takes so much energy than just focusing on what matters. Me!
But that doesn’t mean that I am a don’t care or I don’t give a f** about what happens to me. On the contrary I am very self-conscience and if we have ever had a long talk, I will tell you that the one thing that can really piss me off is treating me like a fool. That and people who put their phones on speaker mode for everyone else to listen to whatever they are listening to. Get some earphones, dummy!
Anyway, I think my life has been awesome so far, but will have some time to share my escapades later (keep it here) but here are life rules that I think we should all live by but some people are just too dumb to abide by them;
1. Treat others with love; love is the one thing that binds us all and it doesn’t matter if you have known this person for a second or ten years.
2. Don’t judge anyone; you have no idea what crap someone is going through to behave that way.
3. Whatever problem you are going through, someone else is going through hell so count your blessings
4. Don’t be such goody goody; nobody is that righteous, we all have our demons and just because you go to church every Sunday, tithe and receive sacrament doesn’t mean that you are better off and have a right to judge others.
5. Give because you want to not because you are looking for attention; you won’t earn any bonus points (at least not from me) just because you want others to see that you are compassionate when you help someone, let it come from your heart.
6. Clean after yourself
7. Learn to take a hint and when to walk away. Don’t be a creep, we can’t all be attracted to the person who hits on us.
8. Be yourself
9. Don’t feel entitled, just because we were raised differently doesn’t mean that I have to bow down to your every wish.
10. Keep your promises; don’t make promises at all if you know you can’t keep them.
11. Say please and thank you; two simple words that have the ability to change the world.
12. Don’t use others to climb to the top
13. Do the right thing even if everyone else around you isn’t.
14. Learn how to smile
15. Wake up early; you have no idea how much you will accomplish just by waking up 30 minutes earlier than you are used to.
16. Do unto others what you want them to do unto you.
17. Mind your own business; if it doesn’t concern you, take a walk.
18. Appreciate those who make an effort to stay in your life even when you treat them like dirt
19. Think before you do something
20. Choose your friends wisely and your companion even wiser
21. Don’t gossip; I know how tricky this can be but please…
22. Love yourself…
23. Strike a balance between having fun and saving
24. Thank God every day for what you have in your life, even when things don’t seem to go to plan.
25. Learn to say sorry if you do something that hurts another.
26. Don’t be a know it all; we all have out inadequacies.
27. Take responsibility of your actions
28. Make time for those you love
29. Spend more time with books than you do on TV
30. Don’t undervalue yourself just to make someone else happy
31. Learn to be the bigger person even when your fist is telling you otherwise
32. Don’t be scared to be yourself.
33. Share your gifts and talents with the world; because regret is such an ugly thing for anyone.
34. Take a break from social media once in a while.
35. Don’t worry about things that you have no control over
36. Don’t whine or complain; we all have our lives to live and we can’t be your shoulder to cry on all the time
37. Take risks
38. Don’t look down on anyone
39. Challenge yourself once in a while
40. Make goals and go after them
41. Don’t spend all your time on your phone
42. Don’t put others down just to massage your own ego
43. Learn to fend for yourself; there is nothing that feels good like that feeling of independence
44. Don’t expect others to live the way you do; their life is theirs
45. When you talk to someone, give them your full attention
46. Drink lots of water
47. Be empathetic to what others are going through; there is a word for people who have no feelings – psychos!
48. Don’t be too quick to jump into conclusions
49. Make healthy diet choices
50. Don’t take credit for anybody else’s work
51. Help others on your way to the top
See, these are simple rules that would make the world less crappy than it is. But the golden rule that ties everything together is treating others with respect just the way you want to be treated.